Monday, 25 February 2013

That was then, this is now

Phew! Well, it's been a while since I wrote anything for my poor lonely blog. After all the excitement of the release of Her New Worst Enemy where I was in a whirl of promotional antics I finally flopped on holiday for a week with the husband and took a breath. What a ride! It was such an amazing experience to be involved in a book launch. It was a steep learning curve, but I feel like I've got much more of a handle on marketing now, which is great. 

I'm now working on my next story which is set in the South of France - quite a difference from Ellie's home city of Bristol and the lush countryside of the Cotswolds. Heat is going to play quite a large part in this story, and I'm not just talking about the sexytimes (although there will be plenty of those!)

It's wonderful to be back to writing a story again after only writing about myself for the last few weeks. I had no idea how much I was going to need to do that before the book launch. I think I actually learned quite a bit about myself in that time.

So, enough about me, how have you all been? Any gossip?

2 comments:

  1. Weird how much of a time hog all the promo can be. Very excited to hear you're starting on the follow up! Hope all goes well and you enjoy the writing of it all the way through. Wishing you lots of lovely inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it gets to the point with promotion where it could easily take over your life! I guess we're never going to feel like we're doing enough to sell our books, but for the sake of sanity we have to draw a line somewhere :) Thanks for stopping by Charlotte x

      Delete