Monday, 3 December 2012

Ooh...look!

Happy December.

I love the run-up to Christmas and this year it's even more exciting because I'm gearing up for the release of my debut novel Her New Worst Enemy (due out 7th Jan - just in case you missed me shouting about it everywhere I go.)

Susie Medwell has kindly tagged me to take on the Look Challenge. My snippet contains look/looked/looking from chapter two of Her New Worst Enemy. This is the first time anyone - other than my editor and crit partners - has seen anything from it. Are you excited? :)



“How many bedrooms did you say you have here?”
“Twelve.”
“Wow.” Ellie stood in the impressive entrance hall, her gaze following the grand sweep of the staircase to the magnificent stained glass windows above them. “What are
you going to use them all for? Sleep in a different one every month of the year?” She ran her hands over the highly polished wooden banister; it felt beautifully sleek under her
fingers.
“Trust you to think of something as loopy as that.” He grinned over at her. “You’d do that if you had the chance.”
“Of course.” She grinned back at him and looked away quickly as the idea of christening each of the rooms with him flitted through her mind. The thought made her breath catch in her throat.


I tag Cait O'Sullivan, my fabulous fellow Crimson releasee to give us her best 'look'.  




10 comments:

  1. How fun! Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara. They certainly do have a lot of fun together :)

      Delete
  2. Her New Worst Enemy sounds like a fun read. Congratulations on your forthcoming publication!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carol! There's some snarky banter between these two, which in Romanceland can only lead to one thing... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh am loving the spark between the two of them! Sounds very sexy and fun. Looking forward to getting my paws on it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you like it Charlotte. I had so much fun writing these two - I was so jealous of them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Christy! Like the looks of your blog and the book sounds great! Thanks for inviting us over for a peek!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary, welcome to my blog. Thanks so much for popping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very upbeat, fun dialogue! Good luck with the release in Jan :)

    ReplyDelete